We focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
As part of the strategic growth plans and the recent project awards, we are seeking to recruit a Principal Engineer with a proven track record in the design and delivery of a range of railway projects. You will join our team in Bristol as a technical mentor to ensure successful project delivery within the Wales and Western region.
You will be responsible for managing technical aspects of larger projects or components of major projects, meeting financial, quality and timeframe objectives and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
Working alongside our leadership team, you will also manage the delivery of elements of larger projects in accordance with Management Systems to meet time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets.
Taking on Line Management responsibilities and ownership for the development of more junior staff will be expected. Although we currently offer a flexible working environment, the willingness to conduct regular face-to-face discussions with others in the office would be an advantage in this role.
- Work collaboratively with other design disciplines within an agreed engineering management environment to ensure the integration of the overall design or solution.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the services delivered by us, of the client’s business and the industry sector to facilitate personal networking and to consolidate personal and company credibility in the industry.
- Oversee an agreed scope of work and the operational workload of a project team including sub-contractors, ensuring work are allocated appropriately and resources are fully utilised.
- Manage the performance of team members and sub-contractors, identifying and ensuring the resolution of any issues.
- Present and gain agreement of design options and opportunities to maximise the profitability of design components and drive the implementation of these.
- Provide technical advice to team members, to support them in their delivery on the project and in their professional development.
- Participate in development of technical proposals.
- Provide specialised technical input to studies and design for your specific area of expertise.
- Provide technical leadership at a project level.
- Undertake a Technical Reviewer role on projects.
- Work collaboratively with other design disciplines to ensure the integration of the overall design or solution.
- Undertake verification checking of elements of work with higher complexity.
- Manage the production of, and quality assure analysis and design and the associated documentation and reports to ensure that they meet or exceed client expectations as well as Arcadis requirements, and that they comply with national standards and codes of practice
- Lead interdisciplinary reviews of project deliverables on behalf of engineering discipline
Qualifications & Experience:
- Have a BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Achieved Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status, or equivalent
- Relevant experience including supervision of elements of large, complex projects
- Previous Rail experience