This opportunity has come about subsequent to a number of new project wins in the region and nationally
As Project Engineer you will be working with an industry specialist marine civil engineering main contractor with a long history of delivering a range of projects, typical values from £20K to £3M and will involve earthworks, drainage, concrete, groundworks, sheet piling, rock armour installation, cable & pipe laying, all within a maritime environment.
About the Role
Reporting into a Senior Contracts Manager, the workload will be UK wide so you MUST be flexible to travel and lodge away
Due to the size of the company, Engineers typically take on a site management role alongside maintaining site quality systems and records. This role will provide a diverse and challenging opportunity for a competent and ambitious Engineer.
Duties to include:
- Managing the site on a daily basis and liaising with the Contracts Manager
- Providing engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered on site
- Liaising with the Client and ensuring any queries are dealt with in the correct manner according to the Contract
- Responsible for ensuring setting out is completed
- Completing daily briefings and ensuring the site team understand works
- Assisting in the preparation of site documentation (including risk assessments, method statements, construction phase plans) for briefing and distribution on site
- Mentoring and supervising junior Engineers
If you have prior Engineer experience delivering civil engineering projects within the marine sector, then please do get in contact.
We will also need you to have:
- Related Civil Engineering Degree, HND or equivalent
- CSCS Card
- Full Driving License
- SMSTS or SSSTS qualification
- TWS qualification (preferred)
- Working knowledge of NEC forms of Contract (preferred)
Salary range will vary, for the right individual and on top of the basic will include significant travel and enhanced working away package meaning OTE will be very attractive