Are you a Quantity Surveyor seeking progression with successful principal contractor securing significant amounts of work in the South West and in particular a major project in St Austell?
As Quantity Surveyor you will be joining an established and well-structured team in place at the beginning of a significant infrastructure program to deliver a new highways scheme. The scheme has been priced and value on NEC3 target cost with the majority of work being self-delivered minimising the headache of managing external sub-contractors.
In undertaking this Quantity Surveyor position you will be responsible for;
- Monthly applications & cost value reconciliations.
- Quarterly cost and value reconciliations.
- Procurement & administration.
- Measurement of the works (where applicable) & dealing with change.
- Assessing risk and cost monitoring.
The Quantity Surveyor position will be an integral part of the contractor’s regional commercial team working on a key project in Cornwall. The commercial team work closely with their clients and the operational teams striving to build and establish strong client relationships without over reliance on contractual terms.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3 years + within Civils Highways infrastructure ideally.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving abilities.
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral.
- Excellent Negotiating Skills.
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering working methods.
- Full UK driving licence.
Quantity Surveyor salary will be in the range of £45,000 to £50,000 p/a plus extensive package including pension, car allowance, healthcare, and other additional benefits.