Location: Flexible, Covering Nearby Sites
Term: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 Plus Car/Allowance
As a key member of the VIVO Team, this role’s primary purpose will be to provide commercial support and surveying services to the Billable Works team.
This role will support the Senior Commercial Manager on the Billable works streams , ensuring that projects are evaluated, priced and delivered appropriately and in line with the contracts and customer agreements. They will compile monthly reports by projects, manage change and variaition processes, and raise recompense events and early warnings as required.
They will be responsible for obtaining competitive subcontract prices, negotiating and compiling orders, and certification of payments, in line with or=ur contract and governance processes
This role will also support on-going VIVO bid and pricing activity as required.
- Liaise as necessary with the Customer’s commercial team in agreeing pricing for Billable works
- Pro-active management of variation/change control to capture revenue.
- Aid the quality of service by ensuring awareness of contractual responsibilities among all other colleagues (including contract deliverables, scope of services etc.).
- Supporting the finance team in the management of cash.
- To provide day to day commercial support to the VIVO billable works team.
- Apply VIVO procedures for the management of contractual claims / disputes with clients and other third-parties. Improve the financial performance of the contract through application of the contractual knowledge and commercial negotiation skills
- Pro-active management of variation/change control to capture revenue..
- Appy the governance process to ensure that the requirements of the contract and VIVO’s own internal governance processes are being complied with.
- Compile monthly cost value reports for all projects managed
- Compile subcontract orders for projects as required
- Manage subcontract payments to ensure positive cash position and contract/statutory compliance
- Manage tenders and pricing as required
What you’ll need to do the role:
- Graduate calibre, relevant professionally qualifications or qualified by experience.
- A degree/ diploma level in either Law, Surveying (Building/Quantity), or the Built Environment (FM, Land) or similar would be favourable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Suitable commercial experience within a similar industry sector.
- Understanding and practical application of base UK contract & commercial laws.
- Excellent communicator.
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex data and commercial documentation.
- Proven experience in a commercial environment.
- An understanding of risk analysis/management.
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance