Are you a Quantity Surveyor with civil engineering experience? Would you like to join a regional civils & infrastructure contractor. The opportunity exists to join a dynamic team with an interesting variety of projects throughout the South West.
In undertaking this Quantity Surveyor role you will be responsible for;
- Monthly applications & cost value reconciliations.
- Quarterly cost and value reconciliations.
- Subcontractor procurement & administration.
- Measurement of the works (where applicable) & dealing with change.
- Assessing risk and cost monitoring.
The Quantity Surveyor position will be an integral part of the contractor’s regional commercial team working on a key projects in the South West. Contracts will vary nut will typically involve values from £500K + based on NEC4 option C. The commercial team work closely with their clients and the operational teams striving to build and establish strong client relationships without over reliance on contractual terms.
You will need to demonstrate prior experience ideally within infrastructure projects in the region.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4 years Quantity Surveying experience + within Civils framework arrangements, and bespoke projects.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving abilities.
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral.
- Excellent Negotiating Skills.
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering working methods.
- Full UK driving licence.
There will be flexibility on salary, most important is to recruit the right individual with relevant Quantity Surveying experience. As a guide salary on offer up to £40,000 to £45,000 p/a plus extensive package including pension, car allowance, healthcare, and other additional benefits.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.