Quantity Surveyor sought (mechanical and electrical building services engineering), Hinkley Point C. Girling Jones require a site-based Quantity Surveyor to join the MEH Alliance on Hinkley Point C delivery commercial services to support the MEH Alliance partners delivering one of Europe’s largest construction schemes.
Day to day responsibilities,
- Works Task Orders: provide commercial support on site at HPC to WTO Multi-Disciplinary Teams, including Project Manager, Planner and Trade Supervisors; from kick-off meeting to final account. The specific discipline support services are – Scaffolding, Common Building Services, Site Construction Services, Temporary Works, Transverse Task Orders
- PROCON: monitor planned v actual trade operative hours, including progress monitoring, challenging Norms, utilisation times, time and motion studies in the field, innovation and continuous improvement to system set up, managing, controlling and mitigating delays, output reporting
- M&E Cost Advice: Prepare field change Cost Advice for Industrial Installations including Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC, Painting, Thermal Insulation, and Scaffolding; based upon Bills of Materials and applying project norms and utilisation factors; &/or time & material records.
- Site walk-rounds: based on-site and carrying out regular site visits, safety stand downs, identification of change events, feed into Change Management Database (held in Business Collaborator) &/or Register of Access (held in Sharepoint) and delivering tool-box-talks.
- CEMAR: draft CEMAR communications relating to provision of Cost Advice, EWN and NCE for review and approval by other in keeping with project CEMAR Etiquette; and review CEMAR communications and documents received from the Client or Alliance Manager.
- Task Order Final Account Audit: assist with final account close out of Task Orders of Defined Cost on this NEC 4 Alliance Contract based Contract.
- NSC: support and foster a positive Nuclear Safety Culture.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Preferably a degree in Quantity Surveying or relevant discipline (or studying towards); &/or
- experience in the nuclear sector &/or other high-hazard industries &/or M&E installations.
- Preferably holding a relevant professional accreditation (RICS, ACostE, CIOB) or working towards.
- Can achieve security clearance (BPSS or higher).
- Holds appropriate CSCS card or Safety Passport (or can obtain).
- Can demonstrate legal entitlement to work in the UK.
- Holds a UK driving licence.
- In return, we are offering a competitive salary and package to include flexible working (site-based Monday to Thursday, remote Fridays), 13% uplift for staying away + travel etc there on. All whilst working on an expansive project with ample opportunities for progression.