Senior Quantity Surveyor, Reading. Girling Jones require a Senior MEP Quantity Surveyor to join a leading building services contractor based within their Reading business. A leader within the Building Services Contracting sector, working on some of the UKs largest schemes. In this role you will implement best commercial practices to maintain and maximise the profitability and financial performance of medium to large scale MEP projects.
Day to day,
- Ensure that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project
- Where relevant, manage and coach any Quantity Surveyors or Assistant Quantity Surveyors
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions, identifying and mitigating risks and enhancing opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the contract, liaise with the project teams on project status
- Identify, qualify and management the agreement process of any changes to the businesses contractual obligations
- Take responsibility for the cash flow forecasting, submission and receipt of payments
- Monitor and forecast costs and revenue through project lifecycle
- Assist with procurement and management of sub contractors
- Provide accurate reporting of costs, projections, contingency, liabilities, sales and margins
- Develop and maintain positive long term relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Working alongside the project team and Commercial manager, negotiate the settlement of the final account and facilitate sign off
- Ensure all necessary records and reports are generated and maintained
- Assist in any dispute resolution process.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Experience of responsibility for the commercial aspects of medium to large MEP projects
- Relevant BSC/degree or equivalent, or willingness to work towards
What you’ll get in return,
- A competitive salary (circa £75,000 dependant on experience), Car / Allowance, Pension (8%), with further benefits to include medical, discount schemes, etc there on.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information.