Girling Jones are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor based in MOD Donnington on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts
- Liaise as necessary with the Customer’s commercial team in agreeing pricing for Billable works
- Pro-active management of variation/change control to capture revenue.
- Aid the quality of service by ensuring awareness of contractual responsibilities among all other colleagues (including contract deliverables, scope of services etc.).
- Supporting the finance team in the management of cash.
- To provide day to day commercial support to the VIVO billable works team.
- Manage work volumes and productivity of commercial administrators with the team
- Review works to ensure measures are robust and challenged
- Manage subcontract payments to ensure positive cash position and contract/statutory compliance
- Manage processing of jobs through Maximo to ensure positive cashflow
- Support finance team to ensure Maximo/SAP process is transparent and effective
- Graduate calibre, relevant professionally qualifications or qualified by experience.
- A degree/ diploma level in either Law, Surveying (Building/Quantity), or the Built Environment (FM, Land) or similar would be favourable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Suitable commercial experience within a similar industry sector.
- Understanding and practical application of base UK contract & commercial laws.
- Excellent communicator.
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex data and commercial documentation.
- Proven experience in a commercial environment.
- An understanding of risk analysis/management.
- Salary – £40,000 – £45,000
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
Location will be flexible, there will be requirements for travel within the UK to support the teams and activities of the business