Location: Larkhill ( Covering Nearby Sites ) Flexible
Term: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 Plus Car/Allowance
As a key member of the Team, this role’s primary purpose will be to provide commercial support and surveying services to the Billable Works team, specifically on the low value, high volume Trust with Consequences works.
This role will support the Senior Commercial Manager on the Billable works streams , ensuring that projects are evaluated, priced and delivered appropriately and in line with the contracts and customer agreements. They will compile monthly reports by projects, manage change and variaition processes, and raise recompense events and early warnings as required
Key Accountabilities for the Quantity Surveyor
- Liaise as necessary with the Customer’s commercial team in agreeing pricing for Billable works
- Pro-active management of variation/change control to capture revenue.
- Aid the quality of service by ensuring awareness of contractual responsibilities among all other colleagues (including contract deliverables, scope of services etc.).
- Supporting the finance team in the management of cash.
- To provide day to day commercial support to the VIVO billable works team.
- Manage work volumes and productivity of commercial administrators with the team
- Review works to ensure measures are robust and challenged
- Manage subcontract payments to ensure positive cash position and contract/statutory compliance
- Manage processing of jobs through Maximo to ensure positive cashflow
- Support finance team to ensure Maximo/SAP process is transparent and effective
What you’ll need to do the role:
- Graduate calibre, relevant professionally qualifications or qualified by experience.
- A degree/ diploma level in either Law, Surveying (Building/Quantity), or the Built Environment (FM, Land) or similar would be favourable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Suitable commercial experience within a similar industry sector.
- Understanding and practical application of base UK contract & commercial laws.
- Excellent communicator.
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex data and commercial documentation.
- Proven experience in a commercial environment.
- An understanding of risk analysis/management.
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
- Location will be flexible, but there will be requirements for travel within the UK to support the teams and activities of the business.