What’s it all about?
Operating a £20M turnover business, they have several offices across the SW region, with a chunk of the work being right here, in the heart of Devon. Typically, they deliver a range of projects from £100,000 – £10m and this could include anything from small earthwork projects, kerb realignments, right the way through to large bridge refurbishments and larger heavy civils projects
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible to take accountability to deliver various highway projects for multiple clients. You will take full ownership and be commercially responsible from take off through to Final Account
Other duties include:
- Maintain the timely submission of applications and final accounts ensuring adequate representation of commercial interests at site meetings
- Assist with reviewing and commenting on tender documentation during tender period and, where successful with handover assisting with internal reporting and forecasting
- Assist with subcontract management from negotiation and preparation of sub-contract orders, on-site management and final accounting.
- Prepare and negotiate claims in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Vetting of final accounts and preparing final account reports
What you need?
Ideally, you will be a Senior QS, experienced in delivering highways projects of a similar value. Commercially astute and familiar with NEC, you will have a bit of something about you and be happy to work autonomously
In return for your hard work, not only do this company offer competitive basic salaries and excellent package offerings, but more importantly, can provide job security and project variety
Give me a call today to find out more