They specialise in the construction of associated water, waste water treatment and general utility infrastructure works and also plans to expand into other civil engineering sectors moving forward
This role will be commercially responsible for managing a portfolio of water projects across Dorset – project values will range from £1m – £5m typically
Reporting into the Managing QS, key responsibilities will include:
- Review new / varied items and check quotations of new rates and conditions.
- Maintain the timely submission of applications and final accounts ensuring adequate representation of commercial interests at site meetings
- Assist with reviewing and commenting on tender documentation during tender period and, where successful with handover assisting with internal reporting and forecasting
- Assist with subcontract management from negotiation and preparation of sub-contract orders, on-site management and final accounting.
- Prepare and negotiate claims in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Vetting of final accounts and preparing final account reports
If you are a Quantity Surveyor or Senior QS who is confident in working with full autonomy and managing a team to deliver, this will be for you
In addition to this, you will have:
- Civil Engineering Qualification (Degree or Equivalent)
- Experience in delivering similar sized contracts
- Experience in the water industry preferred
- Knowledge of NEC Forms of Contract
If this sounds family and you happen to be looking for a growing business which treats you as a person, not just a number, then this opportunity is for you!