M&E Quantity Surveyor sought, Manchester. Girling Jones require an MEP Quantity Surveyor to join a progressive tier 1 Building Services contractor based in central Manchester.
We are excited to offer a unique opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team, based in Manchester, working on a significant project in the area. This isn’t just any opportunity; it’s a chance to make a difference and be part of an exceptional team.
- We are a dynamic and forward-thinking company dedicated to delivering excellence in every project we undertake. Join our team to be part of a company with a clear vision for the future.
- As a Quantity Surveyor, your primary responsibility is to provide commercial support, ensuring the profitability of small to medium projects. This includes timely payment requests, cost control (including sub-contractor costs), variation agreements, securing payments, and accurate reporting.
- Prioritize safety as the paramount consideration in all project activities.
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions, identifying and mitigating risks while maximizing opportunities.
- Ensure full compliance with all aspects of the contract and liaise with project teams regarding project status.
- Identify, qualify, and manage the agreement process for changes to contractual obligations.
- Take charge of cash flow forecasting, payment submissions, and receipts.
- Monitor and forecast costs and revenue throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist in the procurement and management of sub-contractors.
- Provide accurate reporting of costs, projections, contingency, liabilities, sales, and margins.
- Cultivate and maintain positive, long-term relationships with stakeholders, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the project team and Commercial Manager to negotiate the settlement of the final account and facilitate sign-off.
- Generate and maintain all necessary records and reports.
- Provide assistance in any dispute resolution process.
- Substantial experience as a Quantity Surveyor, ideally in medium to large M&E/MEP/Building Services projects.
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in quantity surveying or commercial management
- RICS accreditation or willingness to work towards it
- Competitive package to include a competitive annual salary doe (circa £55,000 – £65,000), car / allowance, 25 days of annual leave (in addition to bank holidays), Pension scheme with a leading provider and up to an 8% employer contribution, Private healthcare coverage, and further ..