Senior Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor sought, Aberdeen. Girling Jones require Senior Quantity Surveyors / Quantity Surveyors (Building Services Engineering / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering) based in Aberdeen. Please note, we have an attractive package available for commercial staff / Senior MEP Quantity Surveyors / MEP Quantity Surveyors looking to work away from home.
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyors to join our team in Aberdeen working on a major project (medical scheme, commencing with immediate effect). In this role you will be implementing best commercial practices to maintain and maximise, the profitability and financial performance of medium to large Project/s, by; minimising costs, managing cash-flow, mitigating risks, managing variations and claims all to provide a smooth transition into agreement of our and our supply chains final accounts.
Day to day,
- Ensure that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project
- Where relevant, manage and coach any Quantity Surveyors or Assistant Quantity Surveyors
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions, identifying and mitigating risks and enhancing opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the contract, liaise with the project teams on project status
- Take responsibility for the cash flow forecasting, submission and receipt of payments
- Monitor and forecast costs and revenue through project lifecycle
- Assist with procurement and management of sub contractors
- Provide accurate reporting of costs, projections, contingency, liabilities, sales and margins
- Develop and maintain positive long term relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Working alongside the project team and Commercial manager, negotiate the settlement of the final account and facilitate sign off
- Ensure all necessary records and reports are generated and maintained
- Assist in any dispute resolution process.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Significant experience as a MEP Quantity Surveyor, ideally on medium to large M&E/MEP/Building Services projects
- Relevant degree or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying
- RICS accreditation or willingness to work towards
In return, a competitive salary (+10% uplift if away from home, travel and accommodation covered too), company car allowance (£4,800 – £5,300), 25 days AL, pension of circa 8%, and varied further there on to include private medical… all whilst working for a tier 1, family-owned MEP contractor with in-excess of 100 years trading history.