With an already existing portfolio of excellence in delivery, this QS role would offer the opportunity to join one of the South Wests largest Civil Engineering, Earthworks and Waste Management Contractors. Contracting is at the heart of the business, acting as both principal contractor and subcontractor on a variety of civil engineering projects
This role will be commercially responsible for managing a portfolio of civil engineering projects across the Somerset and Wiltshire region – project values will range from £50m – £5m typically, all under an NEC Form of Contract
Reporting into the Managing QS, key responsibilities will include:
- Review new / varied items and check quotations of new rates and conditions.
- Maintain the timely submission of applications and final accounts ensuring adequate representation of commercial interests at site meetings
- Assist with reviewing and commenting on tender documentation during tender period and, where successful with handover assisting with internal reporting and forecasting
- Assist with subcontract management from negotiation and preparation of sub-contract orders, on-site management and final accounting.
- Prepare and negotiate claims in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Vetting of final accounts and preparing final account reports
Aside from the obvious experience (ideally 4-6 years under your belt), the following will be a huge advantage:
- Degree Qualified
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Proven portfolio of projects inclusive of heavy civils schemes (to £10M)
- Experience working on Framework projects
The company cover a wide geographical patch and so there must be a willingness to travel within the entirety of the SW Region.
As well as above market salary & packages, you will be working with some of the nicest people in the business! Genuine passion about the industry is rare nowadays and it is refreshing to see this company still have it!
Get in touch with me today!