Location: Aldershot, covering approx 13 sites in the region
Permanent/ Full time
Up to £37,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an organised and motivated Repairs Supervisor to join the team to oversee the day-to-day delivery of the Housing Maintenance service.
This role reports to the Delivery Manager; experience of managing a technical and compliance function in property maintenance and projects contract is a must.
- To manage the day-to-day operations, delivering a diverse and complex range of responsive repairs and associated work streams.
- To provide strong and effective leadership to the team, ensure staff are effective in their roles, supported and motivated.
- To develop the service and individuals to achieve a highly organised operational delivery.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues, delivering on customer, operational and financial targets in line with the business plan.
- To manage sub-contractors supporting the delivery of works, ensuring high levels of quality and satisfaction.
- To meet KPI performance and customer satisfaction targets for the service area as defined by Vivo SLAs.
- Undertaking site audits – relating to H&S compliance, quality, FFF and customer service.
- Implementing best practices to reduce waste and downtime.
- Monitoring of jobs per day and trackers to ensure maximum output per trade per day.
- Troubleshooting where necessary.
- Undertaking of toolbox talks and site inductions.
- Close liaison with the Delivery Manager to manage poor performance, sickness, and holiday cover.
- To act as first point of contact in OOH escalation process.
- HNC or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Level 2 diploma or equivalent e.g. NVQ in a maintenance trade.
- Extensive leadership, communication, and people skills.
- Experienced in contract management and Schedule of Rates.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Previous experience as a repairs and maintenance supervisor in Housing.
- Experience in managing a multi discipline delivery team.
- Health and Safety training in various relevant areas. E.g. Permit to Work, Risk Assessment and Method Statement training or experience.
- Understanding of relevant regulatory and legislative requirements and British Standards.
- There is a requirement to be part of an on-call rota, roughly 1 in 12.
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.