The regional team of a National Tier one contractor are looking to attract an experienced “Senior Design Manager” to join their happy team.
Their Bristol office has a turnover £45m per annum and works on projects ranging from £10m – £20m in value. Their project portfolio spans both public sector frameworks and private developments, giving them a diverse and interesting base with long term security of work. Typical projects include:
- Schools, Colleges and University developments
- Commercial Developments
- City based heritage works and bespoke fit outs
The core role of the “Senior Design Manager” is as follows:
- To manage the development and co-ordination of project designs working closely with the client and site teams
- Exceeding customer expectations and contractual obligations.
- Providing creative solutions and architectural design
- Bid support across the region
- Plan and manage the team workload.
- Use internal/ external resource as appropriate.
- Develop the design team to continually innovate
- Develop relationships with both clients and the project management team.
- To review project design inputs, processes and outputs on a regular basis
- Monitor current trends, materials, design ideas, to be able to offer alternative solutions and challenge
The successful “Senior Design Manager”:
- BA Hons Interior Design or BA Hons Architecture or equivalent design qualification
- Stable experience as a design manager for similar large main contractor.
- Managed designed teams
- Excellent working knowledge of both 2D and 3D design.
What can you expect:
- Fantastic support and ongoing CPD
- Hybrid working
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Interesting projects and long term stability