We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join its busy and sociable Infrastructure and Flood Risk team working from our Bristol office with flexible working opportunities. This post would suit someone who is keen to join a company that really puts people and culture at the heart of its business. The company is growing and ambitious, and wants to develop in a way that is shaped by its people to provide the best experience possible for its employees and clients.
Within your role you will:
- Manage small to medium company projects, from inception through to implementation, to the highest standards
- Prepare Drainage Strategies and engineering reports to support planning applications.
- Prepare technical drawings such as preliminary highway designs, drainage and external works designs, ground modelling, S104 and S38 drawings, including for the subsequent negotiation through to approval.
- Assist with the day-to-day management of a junior staff members and provide support with technical queries.
- Undertake site visits.
- Liaise with stakeholders, external project team members and clients.
- Actively carry out business development for the company.
This position would suit someone who has:
- A relevant qualification in civil engineering.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer or 4-5 years’ experience in a more junior role.
- Experience of managing projects.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise successfully with colleagues, clients and approving authorities.
- Experience of giving technical advice and guidance to junior staff.
- The ability to plan and arrange their work to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Knowledge of, and experience of producing, development engineering designs.
- Knowledge of relevant design standards such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, SuDs Manual, and the Water Industry
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive salary, dependant on experience.
- Industry leading annual leave: 25 days, plus your birthday, plus the period between Christmas and New Year, and an additional day for every three years’ service up to an additional five days.
- The ability to work flexibly from our Bristol or Cheltenham offices and from home.
- A fully paid mobile phone.
- One of your professional memberships paid by the company.
- Access to the Company ICE training programme.
- Life assurance.
- 4% contribution towards your company pension.