We are recruiting for the role of Principal/Senior Civil Design Engineer, to support our growing multi-disciplinary rail business.
You will design packages which comply with good design practice, relevant technical, professional and group standards.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Provide design deliverables that satisfy safety and quality requirements
- Produce design calculations and drawings.
- Direct Assisting Design and other personnel, and other personnel as required.
- Ensure project change for design package is fully implemented and recorded.
- Undertake work using formal processes and procedures.
- Manage and record time and assist in providing time estimates for tasks.
The successful candidates should come from either a construction or engineering background, ideally with experience of the UK rail industry.
- HND/Significant industry experience
- Relevant experience at Senior Engineering level
- PTS / ST1.
- A good understanding of Group standards, procedures and HSE Legislation.
- Good understanding of office applications and CAD and CAD standards
In return we will offer a competitive starting salary with opportunity to increase this package with experience and qualifications. We will provide you with on-the-job training and will support you with further education and training as required. We offer a matched pension scheme up to 4% (resulting in a 9% contribution in total) plus a range of other benefits including free parking and gym access at our offices in Trafford, Manchester.