You will be involved in managing a number of complex projects with the team at any one time and lead on the development and delivery of transport planning projects. This will also include the promotion of development sites from site identification/acquisition, planning application submission, discharge of planning conditions and monitoring through the planning process, preparing transport statements, assessments, travel plans and other supporting documentation such as delivery servicing management plans.
As part of the team on larger projects or as the lead on smaller projects, you will deliver market leading consultancy advice to clients and co-consultants and be confident in explaining technical matters to decision makers, interested parties and lay people. You will provide support to senior staff as well as having the opportunity to develop your own project management and work winning skills
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Manage client relationships to ensure the securing of work;
- Negotiate fee proposals;
- Manage work projects in line with client expectations and internal priorities;
- Manage and control project finances;
- Communicate with colleagues as appropriate;
- Continue to update personal knowledge or relevant technical, legal and policy changes;
- Manage and develop colleagues within project team;
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions;
- Maintain continuous professional development;
- Provide guidance on quality matters and technical issues; and
- Seek to “add value” to all projects.
We offer a benefits package that is designed to reward everyone’s input and contribution to achieving our vision as well as supporting health & wellbeing, and a positive work-life balance.
We pride ourselves in providing our staff with fantastic opportunities professionally as well as exceptional financial and social benefits. Some of these are listed below.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution above statutory requirement
- Flexible work hours and leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Membership fees for up to two professional organisations
- Bonus opportunity, based on company and individual performance
- Option to utilise the Cycle to Work scheme through salary sacrifice
- Annual away days
- Regular company socials