Job ref: 529984B
Senior Project Manager
Salary: £45,000- £50,000 plus company car (or cash allowance)
Location: Imjin Barracks, GL3 1HW
Type: Perm, Full-Time, 37.5 hours
- Supporting the Project Managers in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements within area of responsibility
- Fully understanding the operational role of the establishments within the SDA and the DIO/Heads of Establishment’s priorities to ensure optimal levels of support are provided to Unit outputs.
- Provide focal point for all Project delivery aspects within the SDA and meet with DIO Project Delivery Managers and site teams on a regular basis
- Ensuring that Statements of Need (SONs) are drafted to support the Sustain/Maintain Billable Works requirements needed to manage the SDA estate effectively.
- Managing service delivery of all Billable Works (>£25k) in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Provide Delivery assessments to DIO for inclusion of Projects into CIDP
- Overseeing the Early Warning Notification and Risk Reduction Meeting process within the SDA Project delivery areas of activity.
- Ensuring that all Billable Works above the value of £25k, and delivered by Projects teams, are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Ensure all Projects are Handed over successfully on completion to enable ongoing maintenance to be applied
- Planning, directing and co-ordinating all Project activities within the SDA to ensure they are being managed efficiently, effectively and are value for money.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders associated with the VIVO FDIS contract and work in collaboration to provide a consistent approach to delivering service excellence across all Project delivery.
- Act as the VIVO focal point for all DIO Project programming activities within the SDA
- Acknowledging compliments and resolving complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Communicating and promoting SDA participation in support of external accreditations and initiatives that are important to VIVO and relevant stakeholders.
- Liaising with Core Contract Area Managers to identify the most appropriate resource to deliver Billable Works.
- Actively manage the Project team members inclusive of annual review process, regular 1-2-1’s etc
- Ensuring that induction and mentoring processes are established for all new joiners and that suitable joining programmes are put in place to ensure they are capable of meeting all requirements by the end of their probation period.
- Overseeing the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of all Projects staff within their Service Delivery Area inclusive of PDR process
- Ensuring adherence to the Company’s contractual responsibilities and internal quality procedures including management reporting.
- Working closely with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Managing SDA budgets and review P&L for effective delivery within contractual requirements.
- Provide weekly updates for CIDP milestone activities
- Monitor and review Supply Chain performance and maintain commercial control to enable planned milestone payments are achieved as appropriate.
- Ensure Projects are delivered efficiently and economically.
What you’ll need to do the role:
Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Project Management including:
- HNC, or equivalent, level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Continuing Professional Development
- Project Management APM / Prince / PMQ or equivalent
- Technical training to maintain and develop technical competence
- SMSTS or equivalent qualification
- Good awareness and understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Full Driving License
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Building, Incorporated Engineer, or equivalent institution
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent level qualification)
- Familiarisation with CAFM applications
- Associate Member of the Institute of Leadership & Management or equivalent
- Familiarity with the sites and assets within area of responsibility
Security clearance is required for our sites, successful applicants will be expected to achieve either BPSS or SC clearance as a condition of appointment into the role
Salary From: £
Salary To: £