Senior Project Manager
Location: RAF Marham, PE33 9NP
Term: Full Time/Perm
Salary – £50,000
Girling Jones have an exciting opportunity for Senior Project Manager to join our project team at RAF Marham.
The purpose of this role is to oversee the effective, compliant, and timely delivery of Billable Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Deliver the BW programme for their geographical area.
- Lead a team of PMs who will deliver the Billable Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor the Supply Chain to ensure they are providing timely delivery to the required quality and H&S standards.
- Ensure all Vivo H&S process are being followed including CDM duties, review of contractors RAMs, inductions and site inspections.
- Work with the DIO programme manager, end user and TLB representative to agree the requirement and delivery programme.
- Ensure the PMs are following the BW process and that all documentation relating to Billable Works is completed and distributed in a timely manner, including upload to the Sharepoint system.
- Support end users and management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements to resolve end user issues, where possible, with a focus on supporting the MoD’s carbon reduction targets.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Ensure a process of regular review for every employee is in place, along with the personal development plans that balance business needs and personal aspirations.
- Train and develop existing and new PMs.
- Ensure own CPD remains up to date and through training and wider exposure to industry best practices.
What you’ll need to do the role:
- Experience of leading an operational team to achieve KPIs.
- Experience of delivering a programme of works.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflicts, deal with surprises and establish credibility with demanding partners.
- The ability to meet customers’ requirements with empathy, strategic insight and a commitment to meet their future as well as present requirements.
- Experience of managing H&S process, CDM and safe systems of work.
- Experience of managing budgets and providing finance forecasts.
- HND level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
Please note that BPSS Clearance will be required for this role.
Location will be flexible with a requirement to regularly visit all the sites within your area.