Senior Project Manager – Bristol
Our clients Project Management team work with commercial property investors, owners and occupiers, to deliver a full range of construction projects, from refurbishment schemes to new build developments, across the UK.
They specialise in Commercial Real Estate projects but are also active in a number of other sectors, including, Retail, Education and Residential.
The Project Management service is underpinned by a comprehensive technical knowledge of construction and development processes, established project management techniques and a clear understanding of the clients’ business requirements. When paired with strong communication, team building and leadership skills, this has helped us to add value for our clients and to build longstanding relationships.
This is a a multi-disciplinary practice who work closely with their agency and consultancy colleagues to provide clients with a broad range of services and strategic advice.
The Project Management team has a position available immediately for an experienced Senior Surveyor level Project Manager, with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a Construction Project Management role acting (predominantly) on behalf of commercial clients.
The role will involve you taking overall responsibility for the delivery of projects, from inception through to handover and post-occupancy stages. You will be required to provide strategic advice to clients, to prepare and implement project execution plans and to report directly to the client throughout the project.
Project Management is a growing area of their business and this role also provides an opportunity for the chosen candidate to assist in building the team and developing our client base.
Ideally, you will be working for a competing firm and can bring business or have contacts to develop future fee income.
Key responsibilities: –
- You will be responsible for the delivery of a range of construction projects, from refurbishment schemes to new build developments.
- You will be required to provide strategic advice to clients and to undertake feasibility work. This will often entail working closely with colleagues from other departments within the business.
- You will be required to develop and manage client relationships and to actively participate in business generation.
- You will be involved in the development and growth of the Project Management Department.
What we are looking for?
- A proven track record in project planning and delivery.
- Strong understanding of construction and development processes.
- Good knowledge and experience of construction contract management.
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong numerical and written ability .
- Able to write clear, concise reports, with well formed conclusions & recommendations
- You will be highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- You will hold an appropriate professional accreditation / RICS
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Autocad, NBS software,
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working practice, based out of the London & Bristol offices
- Transparent bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Mobile phone/iPad
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to work, Holiday purchase and retail discounts
- Season Ticket Loan
- Professional Subscription/fees
- Continuing professional development
For more information on this role and others we may have please call Daniel Wright for an informal chat. Due to the high number of applications, if you have not received a reply within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We will keep your details on file for future roles. Thank you.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.