Senior Project Manager – Winchester
I am looking for a project manager or senior project manager for my clients new Winchester office. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring project progress, following up with stakeholders on the completion or delay of project phases, scheduling meetings and maintaining project documents and reports. S/he should be able to maintain oversight of all project activities, identify any issues and ensure these are resolved promptly.
The current project range from Residential, Healthcare, Education, Commercial Building and Public Sector works. Ideally you would have consultancy experience within some of these sectors.
What we are looking for?
- Technical qualification in project management or another technical profession
- A minimum of three years’ technical expertise and experience gained in a construction project of multi-location retail sites, with basic knowledge in civil, mechanical and electrical systems
- Passionate about project management and furthering your career with a leading construction consultancy
- Good technical writing skills and knowledge of reading drawings and tender documents, etc
- Good client-facing and communication skills, ability to build long-term relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, self-starting, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Co-ordinating and delegating the workload within teams as required
- Completing project reporting as dictated by the group management information system
- Delivering plans for projects on time and within budget and monitoring subsequent performance
- Co-ordinating update of project schedules
- Reporting project progress and risks to client and management
- Preparing site assessments, due diligence reports, cost reports, project control group reports, construction reports and completion reports
- Managing design development, co-ordination, reviews and approvals during planning and construction phases
- Holding regular review meetings with contractors to assess work quality, progress, cost, schedule, safety, health and environmental matters
- Following and fully complying with the client’s end-to-end project management process
- Preparing project scope, tender, BQ and guidelines
- Supervising contractors in scheduling and monitoring project work and inspection upon completion
- Preparing proposed capital and expense budget requirements for the year plan
- Co-ordinating and monitoring schedules of work to ensure license and consents are obtained in a timely manner
- Supporting the management and preparation of fees and chasing aged debt when required
- Implementing and monitoring relevant project control and administration systems in accordance with the business management system
- Verifying invoices and preparing asset capitalisation of related works
- Ensuring the scope of services offered is clear and understood
- Ensuring no work or additional work is undertaken without necessary authorisation from the client and line manager as appropriate
- Supporting the line manager in reviewing the job costing system for assessment of project performance
- Preparing monthly project review report for discussion
- Ensuring effective communication with clients and that service provision is of the highest professional standard
- Understanding and achieving line manager delivery expectations
- Monitoring all sub-consultants’ performance and managing payments to them with payment authorisation in accordance with the group delegated authority guide
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary of between £45,000 and £55,000 plus a £4,800 car allowance.
- Established, local consultancy with reach throughout the South West and South East.
- Autonomy with excellent admin support.
- Open plan office space.
For more information on this role and others we may have please call Daniel Wright for an informal chat. Due to the high number of applications, if you have not received a reply within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We will keep your details on file for future roles. Thank you.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.