Senior Project Manager (Devon)
We have an exciting new position for a “Senior Project Manager” to join a multidisciplinary construction consultancy in Devon. You will be joining a positive team of passionate, construction professionals driven by shared success. They work on projects ranging in value from £1M – £30M and cover a variety of sectors including Industrial, Residential, Healthcare, Education, Civil Engineering and Public Sector works.
They are looking to attract an experienced “Senior Project Manager”.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and developing client briefs
- Leading and managing project teams
- Identifying and managing project risks
- Establishing communication and management protocol
- Arrange feasibility studies including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation etc.
- Conducting tender evaluation and contractor selection
- Establishing time, cost, quality and function control benchmarks
- Controlling, monitoring and reporting on project progress – conduct pre-start and handover meetings
- Prepare regular reports to clients on all aspects of the project inspection, scheduling and acceptance of works required under the defects liability and maintenance provisions of the contract
- Administering the contract
The Ideal Candidate
They are looking for candidates with recent Construction Consultancy experience, as well as:
- Experience of managing a range of construction projects including, controlled management of time, effective direction of resources, project costs, budgets and reporting
- A QS background is highly desirable
- An ability to problem solve and experience dealing with tricky projects
- Impressive client-facing skills, personable, and a keen sense of commercial awareness
- At least 5 years relevant experience, ideally from a leading consultancy
- Ideally MRICS qualified or willing to work towards chartership
- Strong proficiency in IT tools, including Word, Excel, Email, etc.
- Generalist experience including industrial, residential, healthcare, education and public sector works
- Contract administration and employers agent experience
- Flexible with a positive approach
What’s in it for you?
The successful “Senior Project Manager” will receive a detailed and extensive induction as well as:
- A basic salary from £60k (BOE)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Private healthcare
- 28 days annual leave
- Discretionary bonus