This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join a business well known for their success across the South West and Wales region
About the Company
Since the company was established over 30 years ago, it has developed a wide range of experience covering projects in education, health, hotels, leisure, commercial and industrial sectors and more recently the care home sector.
Projects range from £300k – £15million, but all completed to the same high standard for which the company is reputed.
About the Role
The successful candidate will join the department as a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in Cardiff.
The main purpose of this role is to successfully manage and control all aspects
of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of between 2 – 3 projects. This is to include the procurement and valuing of sub-contractor accounts in line with our contractual obligations and Commitments to Subcontractors.
- Overall commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration
- Liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
The Successful Candidate
Aside from 5 years as a QS or Senior QS, the business are looking to employ someone who has the capability to build a positive and friendly working relationship across the team. In addition to this, you will also have:
- Construction Related Qualification
- Knowledge of JCT D & B and NEC Forms of Contract
- Experience in the retail, leisure and care home sector ideally
- Multiple contract management
For more information, give me a call and apply today!