Senior Quantity Surveyor (MEP) sought, London. Girling Jones are proud to once again be supporting a leading building services contractor looking for further support on a £10M scheme with the addition of a Senior Quantity Surveyor to the team, initially overseeing a very high end residential scheme in Mayfair with a healthy pipeline of works there on. In this role you will implement best commercial practices to maintain and maximise the profitability and financial performance.
- Ensure that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project
- Where relevant, manage and coach any Quantity Surveyors or Assistant Quantity Surveyors
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions, identifying and mitigating risks and enhancing opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the contract, liaise with the project teams on project status
- Identify, qualify and management the agreement process of any changes to company contractual obligations
- Take responsibility for the cash flow forecasting, submission and receipt of payments
- Monitor and forecast costs and revenue through project lifecycle
- Assist with procurement and management of sub contractors
- Provide accurate reporting of costs, projections, contingency, liabilities, sales and margins
- Develop and maintain positive long term relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Working alongside the project team and Commercial manager, negotiate the settlement of the final account and facilitate sign off
- Ensure all necessary records and reports are generated and maintained
- Assist in any dispute resolution process.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Experience as a QS or Senior QS on medium to large MEP/building services projects
- Relevant BSC/degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management, or willingness to work towards
- Proven mechanical / electrical MEP services experience
- NEC and JCT contract knowledge
- A competitive salary (circa £70,000 – £75,000) plus package there on to include car / allowance, 25 days AL, pension (circa 8/9%), medical, and various further there on.