Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you tired of the long commute and interesting in working closer to home? Does the backdrop of a £4BN T/O infrastructure contractor involved in a range of specialist sectors including Energy, Water & Environment, Defence & Marine sectors appeal?
This specialist contractor has been appointed to undertake a number of significant schemes in Plymouth. The first of which will be to re-construct core areas of the dockyard including elements of infrastructure upgrade.
As a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be taking responsibility for a package of works as part of a regional team including client and project management at the beginning of a substantial program in the vicinity. Ideally you will have related heavy civils commercial experience and take interest in civils infrastructure around the coastal setting.
Works will be phased and packaged with total value over the next five years including a £30M project and a series of further substantial projects in the location under NEC option “E”. Technical areas will include of sheet piling, concrete works, road construction, caisson, dock bottom, and associated infrastructure.
Core Senior Quantity Surveying responsibilities will include;
- Reviewing tender documentation to ensure terms agreed are suitable, risks identified and mitigations implemented.
- Producing accurate, timely commercial project reports, forecasting and change control.
- Procurement of subcontractors, negotiation and financial accounting.
- Ensure the commercial risks identified at tender stage are carried through post-contract and delivery.
- Supervising the performance of the commercial aspects of projects, preparing interim valuations and agreeing final accounts.
Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveying basic salary on offer in the region of £50,000 to £65,000 p/a plus package. For more information please contact Joe Knowles on 01392 493347 or click to apply.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.