We are currently looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our established team of exceptional Engineers and Technicians.
As a senior engineer you will be working on a variety of different structures Nationwide. You will be the primary point of contact on projects working alongside additional team members and liaising with other engineering disciplines within the practice. You will be responsible for managing the design and deliverables on structural engineering schemes whilst managing Engineers and Technicians and reporting to the Director of Engineering. This role will require checking other engineer’ designs and will involve hands on design and design coordination from conception through to completion
You will need to be a strong written and verbal communicator as you will regularly liaise with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities. Your role will also include site meetings/inspections and progress reporting.
For this role and to meet its expected responsibilities you should be able to demonstrate or have experience of:
- BEng/Msc or equivalent within Civil/structural Engineering
- At least 4 years significant experience within a design practice environment
- Managing and delivering the timely design of building structures across the group
- Be driven and motivated to help grow the business
- Be self-motivated, a team player, possess a strong work ethic and be able to lead and manage a team to ensure project deadlines and budgets are met.
- Assist with the growth and development of the team
- This role is NOT simply just checking designs, it will involve hands on design and design coordination from conception through to completion
- Chartered or working towards Chartership would be desirable but not essential.
This is a new permanent full time position based at our office in Newton Abbot. Competitive salary dependant on experience, min 20 days annual leave (increasing on time served) plus bank holidays, Pension and discretionary performance bonus. This position offers the potential to progress to an Equity Director for the right candidate.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.