Senior Technical Officer
We are recruiting for a local authority in Cornwall for a Senior Technical Officer.
The role will comprise of leading a team in supporting the management budget targets through managing the capital income from the sale of surplus property assets, and have responsibility for:
- Acquisitions (strategic)
- Commercial review programme (income generation)
- Asset management
- Development & regeneration projects.
- Working with partners both internal (EGD, directorates, capital projects) and external partners in delivery of development projects.
This will be a management position that will have direct responsibility for 3 – 5 property professionals.
- Responsible for the generation of capital receipts and the planning, management and delivery of an effective capital receipt programme through the sale of properties identified as surplus
- The valuation and disposal of surplus properties, ensuring an up-to-date understanding of market conditions;
- Participate, where required on the options appraisals of surplus land & property usage.
- Identify strategic development opportunities (including those with partners and the private sector) and negotiate property acquisitions/disposals;
- Procure and project-manage the co-ordination of technical surveys and manage external consultants and agents involved in the sale process including surveyors, planners and engineers.
- Project manage the production of master plans and development briefs;
- Contribute to and support project boards and multi-disciplinary working groups providing advice and guidance on the best use of the assets and develop links with partners including the private sector;
- Undertake and assume responsibility for own caseload as allocated and supervised by the Chief Valuer.
- Carry out all work allocated to appropriate professional and technical standards. Ensuring provision meets clear requirements and expected standards within area of responsibility.
- Complete work within adopted timescales/ performance standards, reporting the reason(s) for potential or actual slippage
What we are looking for?
- Qualified to degree level and experience in a relevant field
- A RICS Chartered Surveyor or an equivalent professional qualification plus extensive demonstrable experience.
- Extensive experience of acquisitions, disposals and development.
- Extensive experience of strategic asset management planning and review
- Strong knowledge of property legislation and its strategic application. Experience of drafting real estate documentation such as Heads of Terms, to an excellent standard.
- Experience of development vehicles such as joint ventures to maximise commercial investment and financial returns
- PUBLIC Awareness of Health & Safety legislation and maintaining a compliant estate
- Substantial project management experience, working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Financial management and planning, working with complex budgets
- High level of commercial acumen, and ability to act commercially in a public service environment.
- Strong professional judgement, ability to make difficult and contentious decisions, and resilience to manage the impact of these decisions
- Excellent relationship management – ability to manage and create constructive working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively, demonstrating clear, creative and strategic thinking to resolve complex and contentious issues, such as property disputes, compensation claims.
- Project management skills including communication, prioritisation, planning likely to have been obtained over several years.
- A track record of successful change management, implementing and delivering new initiatives that deliver improved services
- Ability to understand complex Premises issues and proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- A track record of successfully working with partners and external bodies to achieve organisation aims and objectives.
- Ability to multi-task on concurrent projects, under tight time frames
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to negotiate with stakeholders on complex issues and develop productive working relationships with senior individuals
- Proven continuous professional development
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Package dependant on experience – £39,660 and £47,664
- WFH if needed
For more information on this role and others we may have please call Daniel Wright for an informal chat. Due to the high number of applications, if you have not received a reply within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We will keep your details on file for future roles. Thank you.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.