Commercial Gas Engineer
Site Based – Portsmouth
£36,000 – £39,000
Girling Jones are currently recruiting for a Site based Commercial Gas Engineer for a MOD Site in Portsmouth!
Main duties will include:
- Installation of commercial gas boilers and systems.
- Fault finding, service and maintenance of Commercial gas boilers and systems.
- Carry out planned & re-active works on heating, hot water and plumbing services.
- Planned and unplanned works on heating plant, ventilation and cold water services.
- Internal inspections of hot water calorifiers and cylinders.
- Where required assist the team with other duties i.e. AHUs, Ventilation and AC, repairing plumbing fixtures—bathtubs, showers, sinks, toilets.
- Diagnosing faults and carrying out effective repairs in line with SLAs in support of KPIs.
- Provide information to supervisory and managerial levels to facilitate solutions to problems and provide alternative ideas to aid innovation and reduce end costs.
- Carry out planned and un-planned maintenance in accordance with a scheduled workload in order to maintain site KPI’s and remain within the contract SLA’s.
- Complete work in a safe, timely, professional and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all works are carried out to both, Boden and the client’s standards, policies and procedures such as the relevant JSP’s and to ensure that the expectations of the client and end user are fulfilled.
- Promote a pro-active Safety Culture.
- Ensure all works are completed and updated via Mobile Tablet
Technical Experience & qualifications Required:
- Fully Gas Qualified – CCN1, COCN1, CoDNCO1, CPA1, CENWAT
- Has served a recognized Mechanical related apprenticeship and can produce evidence of such or has attained City and Guilds or applicable NVQ qualification.
- Two years post qualification experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience of industrial heating and plumbing systems.
- Must have knowledge and experience of LTHW calorifiers and hot water systems.
- The ability to multi skill and carry out a variety of maintenance tasks to a high standard, including other mechanical tasks, plumbing
- Competent in the maintenance and repair of systems such as water heaters, boilers and associated pipework & components
- Up to date knowledge of the latest trade relevant legislation.
- Should have good IT skills and be able to manage work order on a mobile device.
- Must be flexible in their approach and willing to multi skill in other disciplines.
- Must be able to gain and retain MoD Security clearance.
- Must hold full UK driving licence.
- Local to Portsmouth
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and contribute to the team effort.
- Must be willing to assist with the plumbing workload at times of heavy demand.
- Competent response maintenance engineer who can demonstrate extensive knowledge of JSP’s or quickly be able to demonstrate.
- Focused, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of completing all own paperwork in a clear, accurate and concise manner.
- Good decision making and organisational skills
Benefits to you!
- Salary £36,000 – £39,000 DOE
- Company Van & fuel Card
- Annual leave
- Pension Scheme