Small Works Manager
Salary: £38,000 – £42,000
Location: Duke of Gloucester Barracks or Buckley Barracks
Type: Perm, Full-Time
This role will see you provide a single point of contact (SPOC) for all Billable Works (<£25K) matters on site, and manage the delivery and assurance of all Billable Works <£25k on each site they are responsible for, ensuring that all Health & Safety requirements are met. You will cover Duke of Gloucester Barracks and Buckley Barracks. There will be travel required between sites and mileage will be paid.
- Delivering Billable works (<£25k) as directed by Line Manager.
- Ensuring that all Billable Works activity carried out on site is conducted iaw JSP 375
- Providing technical support and advice as required to DIO and HoE representatives
- Working closely with Mobile APs to ensure that all applicable works conform to the requirements of JSP 375
- Carrying out the duties of Temporary Works Coordinator and CDM Principal Designer/Principal Contractor.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce energy consumption on site and initiate Billable Works as appropriate by the raising of Statements of Need.
- Managing FGas and waste compliance within the establishment.
- Support the Line Manager in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements including acting as single point of contact (SPOC) to resolve end user issues
- Fully understand the operational role of the establishment and Head of Establishment’s priorities to ensure the optimal levels of support to Unit outputs
- Drafting Statements of Need (SONs) to support the Sustain/Maintain/Change Billable Works requirements needed to manage the estate effectively.
- Ensure that all complaints are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Close liaison with Vivo Service Manager to provide the optimum solution
What You’ll Need To Do The Job
- ONC/BTEC level qualification in engineering related discipline or HNC/HND in construction related discipline (or equivalent experiential experience)
- Technical training to maintain and develop technical competence and awareness in Asbestos / Legionellosis
- Familiarity with the sites and assets for which the person is responsible
- Emergency first aid
- Fire safety
- IOSH or equivalent qualification
- Previous use of CAFM applications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- An understanding of energy reduction methods
- Full Driving License
- Experience in delivery of project management <£25K in related field including:
- Experience of operating in an MOD environment
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act
- Energy performance, Sustainability etc.
- Waste management
What We Offer
- Up to 6% employer matched pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave
- Rewards Hub
- Excellent career progression, training and development
Security clearance is required for our sites, successful applicants will be expected to achieve either BPSS or SC clearance as a condition of appointment into the role.