As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have extremely exciting opportunities for Structural Engineers to join our expanding Structural & Civil Engineering team in Bristol.
As a Structural Engineer, you will have the opportunity to practise many fields of Structural Engineering; from the surveys of large commercial and industrial buildings to the design of mixed use private and public multi-storey developments and buildings.
As a Structural Engineer you will need to demonstrate the desire and drive to becoming a Chartered Engineer which will be fully supported by the company.
- Report to and take direction from the Partner/Associate leading the Civil and Structural Engineering Team.
- Act as lead or sole designer as appropriate to the size and complexity of project.
- Undertake outline, scheme and detailed engineering designs as appropriate on projects.
- Undertake structural analysis and detailed design calculations in accordance with up-to-date Eurocodes as appropriate on projects.`.
- Ensure calculation packages, drawings, specifications, reports and other deliverables for projects are to expected quality standards prior to issue.
- Prepare reports and general correspondence as required in connection with projects.
- Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports on findings, set out in a logical manner with appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with other members of the design and construction teams, both internal and external, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Team.
- Assist in preparing design programmes for production deliverables.
- Liaise with the design team and client throughout the project and monitor progress and quality during the construction phase.
- Visiting sites during the construction phase to monitor progress and provide advice to contractors.
- Ensure that Ridge document management and QA procedures are complied with.
- When required assist other members and disciplines of the Ridge Team to complete tasks particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
Experience and Skills Required
- Ideally MEng (Hons) First Degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering at grade 2:1 or above.
- Graduate member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers with some professional experience.
- Experience in new build design, refurbishment/change of use design and structural surveys on building structures projects in the UK would be desirable.
- Experience in design of structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber would be desirable.
- Familiarity with key forms of building construction.
- Experience in the use of structural analysis/design software including TEKLA structural designer, Robot, TEDDS etc, in the use of AutoCAD and in the use of document editing software including Bluebeam Revu would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and spoken English.
- Hold a current UK driving licence.
- Collaborative team player who is also able to work with minimal supervision and use own initiative.
- Personable and confident.