Job ref: 500023
The Environmental and Sustainability division of a South West based Consultancy are looking to expand their team in Q1 and Q2 of 2024. They are looking to hire an experienced Sustainability Consultant with a focus on Energy usage and Decarbonisation.
Working closely with the Project Management and Cost Consultancy teams they provide Environmental services for Developers, Construction companies and Local Authorities. Their services covers three key workstreams:
- Providing Energy & Sustainability Statements and BREEAM Certification for construction projects
- Strategic and wholistic organisational assessments plotting businesses current environmental impact and their journey to NET Zero
- Specific advice around decarbonisation strategies heat decarbonisation plans, feasibility studies for PSDS funding, carbon modelling/energy performance modelling.
The successfully Sustainability Consultant will join an existing team of 5 and take responsibility for delivering heat decarbonisation plans and decarbonisation strategies for their clients.
- Background in building service and building physics and M&E
- Experience developing feasibility designs to RIBA 2
- Knowledge of site surveys to develop comprehensive, cost-effective technical solutions to energy and carbon reductions
- Delivery of heat decarbonisation plans and decarbonisation strategies for public sector bodies – assistance in unlocking PSDS funding.
- Knowledge of UK legislation and policy
- Understanding of industry trends, best practice, new legislation and policy (i.e. Government, GLA, RIBA, CIBSE, UKGBC)
- Working knowledge of whole life carbon assessments and understanding of how to use software such as One-Click LCA
- Working knowledge of whole life carbon assessments and embodied carbon calculations LCA desirable
- Member or working towards IEMA, IES, CIWEM, CIEEM.
Whats in it for you
- Fantastic salary and benefits package
- Unlimited Holiday
- Flexible working
- Exciting team culture
- Career development and path to AD