Has the New Year prompted you to reflect on your current role? Perhaps now is the time for a change……
About the Company
Supported with gross investment, we are working in partnership with a construction business in Cornwall who are looking for a Technical Manager to join the thriving team
Working across residential, commercial and mixed use developments, its primary purpose is to generate a future revenue stream for its owners, but also has a number of other key priorities such as having a positive impact on the design quality and sustainability of the built environment in Cornwall and also changing the residential letting market in Cornwall by offering a Private Rental product at scale, alongside building for open market sale
About the Role
Reporting to and working alongside the Senior Design Manager, the role wotll be to primarily be involved in manaing the residential portfolio of th business and will include the review of architectural, structural, civils and highways project information, together with MEPH (including renewable systems infrastructure contractors’ design information).
Duties will include:
- To ensure technical and design aspects of project team briefs align with the Company’s strategies & objectives
- Support the assigned Development / Project Managers with day-to-day liaison with the local authority Planning team (particularly conditions discharge), Highways and other relevant Council Departments.
- Support the ongoing management and continuous improvement of Design Manuals and tender documents, that embody the principles of good quality and sustainable development
- Lead technical reviews of projects, to drive the performance of all schemes through thorough review of content
- Support timely and accurate monitoring and reporting of the technical design and specification
- Provide technical input to the Project Managers when producing the design, planning, procurement and delivery programmes
What are we looking for?
An experienced Design or Technical Manager, ideally with experience having worked within the residential sector. You may also have the following:
- Architectural technology, engineering or construction related degree or other relevant technical qualification
- Additional experience in other sectors, particularly commercial, mixed use and/or regeneration, would be an advantage
- Full project lifecycle awareness including briefing, feasibility, design, planning, development, procurement, logistics, manufacture & assembly, commissioning, handover and post occupancy monitoring.
In return, the company offer excellent packages, realistic career progression, the chance to be part of a genuinely decent team
Get in touch today for more information!