Girling Jones have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Service Manager to join our Core Services team at VIVO based in Bristol.
To support all specialist BEMS (Built Estate Managers) and IT systems connected to building services at Abbey Wood, MoD Datacentres, and as required elsewhere within SDA 18 and 57 (Bristol and Gloucestershire) and the wider VIVO business.
This role will be based on the Regional Prime Contract, SDA 18 & 57 (Bristol & Gloucester), and the main place of work will be Abbey Wood, Bristol. There may be a requirement to travel to other sites and areas within the VIVO contract.
- Assist with the effective, compliant, and timely delivery of maintenance, response and project works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Proactively monitor the various site systems (BEMS, VAS, Fire Alarm) for issues, and either resolve or an appropriate contractor.
- Proactively monitor data centre services for imminent issues and take a proactive approach to resolution, liaising and collaborating with data centre engineers and managers.
- Undertake routine management and maintenance of the BMS LAN infrastructure.
- Undertake routine management and maintenance of BMS server infrastructure.
- Deploy Windows updates, anti-virus updates and end point security patches to all relevant systems.
- Assist with planning of maintenance activities for critical services such as UPS, Static switches, fixed wire testing, cabinet testing.
- Monitor specialist Direct Delivery and Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks.
- Ensure that all Billable Works are completed to the required standards in the required timeframe, that relevant documentation is handed over in a timely manner upon completion, and that it is recorded against the appropriate assets in Maximo
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the Maximo system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons to ensure compliance.
- Support management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements including acting as a single point of contact (SPOC) for the BEMS and IT systems within data centres and other critical facilities.
- Understand operational priorities of the HoE, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Support end users in the development of new work requirements within area of expertise, including the provision of formal Billable Works project submissions.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Support the Helpdesk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
What Skills You’ll Need To Do The Role:
- Fully qualified electrician
- Good working knowledge of Trend and Schneider Ecostruxure BEMS systems
- Understanding of data networking
- Demonstrable experience of managing and monitoring and maintaining BEMS and specialist IT systems:
- Knowledge of Trend and Schneider systems
- Understanding of IT data networking
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of Safe Systems of Work
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Experience of supervising site operations, including:
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
Nice To Have:
Significant practical experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Experience of operating in an MOD environment
- Experience of managing critical environments and assets
- Working knowledge of SFG20 maintenance standards
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
- NEC3 contract requirements
- Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
- Overseeing and managing projects
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- NVQ level 3, or equivalent, in a technical discipline
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass SC security clearance.
Location: MoD Abbey Wood, Bristol, Avon
Salary: £37,000 – £44,500 p.a
Term: Full Time/Perm