Our client is an independent award winning multi-disciplinary engineering
consultancy. The sectors in which we work include education, health, commercial, residential, leisure, regeneration and masterplanning, and we work
both in the UK and internationally.
We are looking for a Transport Planner with at least 3 years’ experience to work
in the Bristol office.
We have an opportunity for the right candidate to join the growing
Transportation and Highways team. Working as part of a team and reporting
to a senior staff member, you will be offered an exciting role on a wide variety
of existing and new projects working across a number of sectors. This is an
excellent opportunity to work within an award winning multi-disciplinary practice focused on innovation and client delivery.
• Experience of drafting of Transport Assessments, Statements and Travel
• Experience in using Census Data to understand and analyse existing travel
• Public Transport strategies
• Junction capacity analysis (Junctions 9 & LinSig)
• Basic understanding of highway layouts and design (horizontal and vertical
• Competent in using TRICS database
• Competent in using AutoCAD and AutoTrack
• Road collision data analysis
• Parking layouts
• The wider planning system
What we are looking for
We encourage our staff to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition,
enthusiasm, and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success.
We ensure that we provide them with a varied workload and encourage them
to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential.
Candidates should have:-
• A questioning/ challenging approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments
• The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary
• A willingness to learn and develop
Applicants should preferably be a Graduate member of CIHT or ICE