We have been asked to procure and experienced Administrator to join a MOD Project based in Alconbury; Cambridgeshire. On a permanent basis, we are looking for an individual to meet the contracted personnel administration requirements of Military Personnel. The roles will have a common output, dealing with a broad range of personnel support needs on a daily basis.
Training on the requisite MOD systems can be provided; however experience/familiarity in similar military roles would be an advantage.
- Provide administrative support for the effective, compliant and timely delivery of departmental duties in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls promptly and professionally.
- Preparation and maintenance of reports as required by management utilising MS Excel, Work Manager or other bespoke IT systems to monitor business performance.
- Support management in formal meetings including booking suitable facilities, confirming site access for non-pass holders, recording attendance and producing accurate minutes and action logs
- Where required, maintain the office filing system in accordance with Amey policy, both electronic and hard copy files.
- Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives.
- Support management in providing accurate data to allow optimal solutions to customer requirements and to resolve end user issues.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Support the Helpdesk in responding to requests information and advice regarding the department
- Support the IT department with on-going system developments including testing of new updates and bug fixes.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
- Support the team to ensure that all works are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge/understanding of MOD administration e.g Joint Service Publications Defence Instructions and Notices.
- Be conversant with MOD personnel support applications and systems
- Ability to adapt to change and undertake additional training when required.
- The successful candidate will be personable, confident and professional with a good judgement and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Administration experience with strong organisational skills and a high degree of integrity.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop close working relationships.
- Good all round standard of education, especially literacy and numeracy (educated to GCSE English and Maths or equivalent).
Please apply if you are interested, or email Steve
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.