Girling Jones are currently recruiting for Arboriculture Specialists in East Anglia. This area would include travel around Peterborough Cambridge & Norwich.
The Arboriculture specialist will be responsible for ensuring the Arboreal compliance for VIVO’s contract requirements on the MOD Built Estate in Central is fully compliant, functioning and the Tree risk management policy is being implemented fully.
The primary role is collecting data for the cyclical Tree reports and to monitor a Tree works budget, produce appropriately categorised job packs, and manage contractor’s workflow alongside the site teams, support the wider teams with subject matter advise.
Develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders to best deliver mutually beneficial and satisfactory solutions. The client have been awarded a 7 Year contracts for the asset and facilities management services in Central MOD Built Estate.
Day to Day Duties for the Arboriculture Specialist:
- Perform cyclical tree surveys and produce relevant tree reports
- Manage the cyclical reporting for their reporting area
- Raise and monitor tree works manage workflow
- Support the site teams whilst tree works are ongoing
- Control tree budget spend
- Carry out assurance audits
- Maintain sub-contractor list, auditing, and control of RAMS
- Manage site designations (i.e., SSSI, TPO, planning consents, felling licences)
- Provide support for billable works projects
- Provide specialist advice to the various stakeholders
- Provide advice to and support VIVO Assurance team, Commercial Team and SHEM Team
- Demonstrate a focus on maintaining compliance and meeting company objectives and values
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues across all contracts and within the department
- Demonstrate a strength in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Qualifications in a Arboriculture related discipline to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent significant experience
- LANTRA Professional tree inspection qualification would be ideal
- Significant practical experience in Arboriculture including
- Demonstrable Arboreal experience
- Experience in compliance and managing processes
- Good understanding of key trades and acceptable standards of workmanship
- Understanding of the Arboriculture industry
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety, green waste management and environmental guidelines and legislation
- Report writing experience
- Working within strict ISO policies and procedures
Knowledge and Skills
- Teamwork ethic
- Good influencing verbal communication skills including conflict management
- Ability to communicate to an excellent standard both verbally and in writing
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to build long standing relationships
- Good IT skills (Microsoft packages)
- Must pass appropriate clearance for the role
Benefits for you!
- Salary – £32,000- £35,000 DOE
- Company Car for Travel
- Annual leave
- Company Pension
- Company Sick Pay
If you are interested and available please click “Apply now”
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.