My client, an excellent regional housing developer are searching to add an architectural technician to be based out of the office in Dorchester. This developer currently operate within the South and South West. Average development sizes are around 50 units per site, with units per site reaching as many as 250.
The Architectural Technicians role –
- Compile technical information for use in the planning of projects, such as client requirements, site surveys and building regulations
- Prepare plans using AutoCAD software, as well as traditional drawing methods prepare applications for approval by regulatory bodies
- Develop specifications for construction work provide advice on technical matters to the project team
- Visit sites to check on progress and inspect work
The requirements for this position –
- HNC / HND / BSc in either the construction or architecture field
- Experience in the residential sector either for a developer or practice that works with developers
- Proficient use of AutoCAD software
- A passion for the residential sector
The benefits –
- Excellent company atmosphere
- Opportunities to progress within the company
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.