Area Maintenance Manager required to take up permanent role working out of Tiverton, Devon.
Managing the facilities maintenance (M&E / B&CE) and construction projects (additional works) across multiple MoD sites in North Devon and Somerset.
* Ensuring the outputs for the core contract services and additional works are delivered
* Direct management responsibility for operational activities on defined MOD sites
* Ensuring site-based and commercial activities within the area are being operated in line with heath and safety legislation, method statements and risk assessments
* Reporting to the Regional Manager on site performance versus KPIs and implementing any necessary corrective action
Experience and Qualifications:
* Minimum Level 5 NVQ or equivalent work experience in a management and/or technical discipline
* Previous management experience within a facilities management environment across multiple sites
* Completed or willing to undertake IOSH Managing Safely and management development qualifications
* Ability to manage, programme and monitor core activities and additional works against requirements, budget and ensuring KPIs are achieved
* Ability to communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieve high levels of operational performance
* Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness by understanding strategic/operational needs of the business and key drivers
* Can demonstrate track record of effectively managing and motivating individuals and teams
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to challenge and have awkward conversations
* Competent with standard MS office applications, SharePoint and ERP management information systems.
Apply today so as to discuss further!
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.