Assistant Building Surveyor – Exeter
We are working on behalf of an International Consultancy looking to expand their Building Surveying Division. They are looking to bring in an Assistant Building Surveyor.
Ideally you will be a graduate with 1 to 2 years consultancy experience looking to progress.
As one of their Assistant Building Surveyors, you’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team, enjoying a varied workload and plenty of progression opportunities. Thrive on responsibility, leading niche projects or assisting on major ones. Their structured training programmes will help you take charge of your career. And when it comes to passing the RICS APC, you’ll have support from an assessor on the team and pre-assessment training from our organization.
- Supporting Building Surveyors in their day-to-day activities
- Develop a thorough understanding of Building Surveying Services as defined by the RICS
- Undertaking a wide range of regional building surveying duties throughout with some national opportunities
- With support, managing your own projects and understanding the commercial aspects of this role
- Learning and understanding the principles of quality, safety and the environment within asset surveys, project design, delivery and management
- Participating in internal and external training initiatives
- Generating repeat business and participate in local business development initiatives
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or an equivalent RICS accredited degree.
- We’ll also consider ONC, HNC, or equivalent qualifications, plus relevant experience
- An ability to manage your own time and workload effectively and efficiently
- Enthusiasm to learn and provide the full range of Building Surveying Services
- Mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all your work
- A willingness to improve your technical skills and knowledge
- A desire to gain Chartered status
- A focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.