Assistant Clerk of Works/Site Manager – Consultancy – Exeter
Our client is looking for a driven assistant to the Clerk of works or Assistant site Manager to assist in their Cavity Barrier Programme
You will be reviewing passive Fire Protection measures in houses and flats. The work is largely centred on compartmentation and cavity barriers but also extends to fire doors and fire stopping when looking at blocks of flats.
We are looking for a person who has an understanding of how houses and flats go together who can be our inspector on site working within occupied properties, often within roof spaces.
Typically you would d 6 or so inspections a day and work remote in Exeter, Taunton, Yeovil, Dorchester and Salisbury.
What we are looking for?
* Have a good understanding of domestic construction both masonry and timber frame
* Have a particular understanding of part B of the Building Regulations and the corresponding sections of the NHBC standards or be prepared to learn quickly under our team of inspectors
* Work well in a team
* Be comfortable liaising with residents
* Be calm under pressure and able to diffuse difficult situations as necessary (this is rare)
* Manage their time effectively
* Be prepared to travel and have appropriate transport
* Have a reasonable understanding of IT including MS Word and Excel
What’s in it for you?
* Competitive package based on experience. Up to £35,000 – Remote Working.
* Pension and mileage
* Company provided laptop and Smart phone
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.