Girling Jones has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join an established Capital (planned and refurbishment works) business based in Plymouth, Devon.
We are committed to ensuring our people achieve a great work life balance, and this role can be completed via a combination of flexible, remote, and office-based working. Some travel to our clients, and the office based in Plymouth will be required, but we move forward as a business offering hybrid and flexible working in relation to this role.
The Quantity Surveyor role in Plymouth will include:
As a Quantity Surveyor you will actively tender, estimate and measure onsite therefore you are fully involved from tendering and estimating through to final accounts, with the ability to have real impact on our profitability and ultimately our commercial success.
- Measure and prepare cost estimates for contracts and tenders, highlighting any risks
- Manage the pricing of tenders to maximise business wins and profitability
- Prepare cost value reconciliations for contracts, identifying commercial risks and opportunities to ensure correct contract planning
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start, including direct labour incentives
- Build strong client relations, to ensure any variations and progress of contracts are discussed
Furthermore, we are interested in applications from experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyors who are looking for their next step up, as well as continue to welcome experienced Quantity Surveyors to apply too.
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role with estimating/ tendering and measuring experience, essential.
- Experience of successfully managing a value of works collectively of up to
- You will be analytical, organised, and honest as well as being a genuine ‘people person’ who relishes in communicating effectively with their clients, trade teams and immediate colleagues fostering a real ‘working together’ environment.
- Be part of the company profit share scheme
- Up to £43,000 Salary
- Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an enhanced employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
Additional benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Medical and life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
Please click ‘Apply now’ for more information.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.