Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to manage multiple schemes throughout Somerset, Devon & Cornwall. Your commercial experience should include NEC forms of contract across projects and schemes ranging in value and scope, thus retaining your interest and technical challenge.
In the capacity of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be undertaking on a day to day basis;
- Compilation and completion of budget reviews and analysis with the project teams
- Preparation of project cash flow forecasts
- Subcontractor procurement and management
- Compilation of financial reports and forecasts to feed back to management
- Assist the commercial team in providing support to the project teams to ensure contractual compliance of projects
- Estimating of project variation works
- Preparation of Interim valuations / payment applications
- Final account preparation
Schemes will include mains renewal & rehabilitation, potable water mains waste water treatment works, structural engineering & shaft construction. Scheme values will vary between £6K – £1M (option C), £250K to £1M (option A). This is an established and reputable specialist civils contractor with an excellent order book throughout the water sector. This role will progress quickly with the support of a Commercial Manager to Quantity Surveyor within a busy & successful civil & utility engineering contractor.
If you are interested in specialising and taking your Quantity Surveying career forward with a business that has an extensive rewards package and a reputation of holding their employees as the most importance asset then please contact me on 01392 493347 or Salary from £28,000 to £35,000 p/a plus package.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.