A successful South West construction business are looking to take on an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their building team – an opportunity not to be missed!
With exception growth and a realistic pipeline, coupled with a well deserved reputation, their building portfolio includes a range of projects such as hotel refurbishments, new build private apartments and bespoke leisure and recreational facilities – jobs ranging typically from £2M – £20M
- Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI’s are exceeded
- Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area
- Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts
- Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Assistant QS / Project QS
- Educated to degree level ideally
- JCT D & B experience
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
Teamwork lies at the heart of this business and the role will provide an opportunity to become a valid addition the this team.
Please click on the “Apply Now” button for more information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.