Authorised Person/Mechanical and (or) Electrical Engineer required to undertake duties as an Authorised Person across MoD sites in Cambridgeshire as part of the safe systems of work policies and procedures. This offers a fantastic opportunity to undertake relevant training and qualifications as an Authorised Person in High Voltage (HV), Boilers & Pressures (BPS) and Petroleum systems (POL)
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person.
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Legionella Responsible Person.
- HNC, or equivalent level qualification in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
- Accredited training qualification in Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Authorised Person Training, Emergency First Aid, Fire Safety
Apply today so as to discuss further.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.