Bid Writer – Cornwall & Devon
A new Bid writer opportunity has arisen subsequent to a succession planning exercise with an exceptionally progressive civil engineering contractor reaching milestones in their strategic growth plan.
Working within this role you will play an important part within the pre-construction team working alongside a team of estimators, pre-construction & business development manager. This contractor is at an exciting stage of significant growth extending their reach into larger schemes across a wider geography, as such you will help further development within a very exciting and close knit business. Typical values range from £500K up to £25M with the contractor presently delivering five major schemes across the Devon & Cornwall counties.
This Bid Writing opportunity will also involve working closely with a strong client base, developing new opportunities and moving these from initial enquiry to tender submission.
Bid writing main responsibilities;
- Manage, complete and submit PQQ’s.
- Lead storyboard sessions with team members and key stakeholders.
- Proactively maintain quality library and management systems.
- Update & collate case studies, and record key operational activities.
- Manage the Tender Register and Submission Folders.
- Assist Business Development Manager in developing proposal structure.
- Work closely with Pre‐Construction Manager and Senior Estimator to develop scheme methodology.
- Deliver written proposals to specific deadlines.
- Attend and present written proposals to senior management at bid reviews.
- Manage Bid Portals including notifying bid team of tender releases.
- Manage Opportunity Pipeline with Bid Manager and Senior Directors
- Update policy’s, insurances and critical detail on client portals
As a Bid Writier you will manage your own diary and make decision on where to work either at home with occasional visits to meet colleagues and clients or office based.
The business delivers the majority of civil engineering & infrastructure schemes in the South West. You will be joining a business fulfilling a clear growth path which can offer long term career development, forfilment and reward as the business continues to excel within their market. It is growing and can offer unrivalled career developing potential. We are interested in speaking with experienced bid writers or coordinators interesting in joining a friendly, progressive team. Salary range from £32 – £40K plus package. For more information or to apply please contact Joe Knowles on 01392 493347 | 07917 411440 or
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.