Chartered Building Surveyor – South West
We require a Building Surveyor / Senior Building Surveyor to deliver the whole spectrum of building consultancy services to a varied range of commercial clients across the South West and Bristol area. Home working is an option for this position with intermittent travel to our head office in Gloucester.
This is a great opportunity to join an independently owned Chartered Surveying practice who provide a comprehensive range of surveying and property services. Our geographic reach covers the whole of England and Wales with clients in utilities and infrastructure, valuation, commercial, planning and development and rural.
The job will require someone who is a qualified Member of the RICS (MRICS), ideally with a Degree in Building Surveying.
What we are looking for?
* Planning and Building Regulation application familiarity.
* A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with Microsoft Office packages. Experience of CAD is optional.
* Pre-acquisition Building Surveys and Schedules of Condition.
* A full driving licence is essential.
* Experience in the design and refurbishment of buildings and administration of Building Contracts.
* Defect Analysis – Identifying & analysing building pathology, preparing technical reports.
* Dilapidation claim experience with ability to read and understand lease covenants.
* Party Wall etc. Act 1996 experience.
* Reinstatement costs assessments.
* Experience in health and safety procedures, CDM and DDA.
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
* A willingness to undertake local and firm-wide business development initiatives, and increase develop the building consultancy service delivered from our South West offices and Head office.
* Pro-active with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* High level of attention to detail and an enquiring mind.
* The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
* The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
* A keen team member, with the ability to accept responsibility and work on their own initiative.
* Good client relationship skills.
* The role will be to assist in the promotion and development of the Building Consultancy Team, whilst supporting the activities of the Bristol team and wider Firm, in achieving targeted fee income. Duties include:
* Preparing specifications, tendering and providing contract administration services.
* Requisite statutory approval applications.
* Project monitoring services on behalf of lenders for various construction projects.
* Preparing feasibility studies and sketch scheme designs for a wide variety of building types.
* Preparing Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
* Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations.
* Preparing schedules of condition.
* Preparing Party Wall etc. Act 1996 notices and agreeing Awards.
* Professional work as designated according to experience.
* Providing support for more junior members of the team.
* Development of the existing Client base and new Client instructions.
* Positive promotion of the BK brand and Building Consultancy offering via network and business development activities.
* Compliance with Company standards and procedures.
What’s in it for you?
* Competitive Package.
* Established, local consultancy with reach throughout the South West and nationally.
* Autonomy with excellent admin support.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.