Chartered Surveyor – Newport
We are recruiting for a national, award-winning property consultancy delivering high profile, inspiring developments to a range of public and private sector clients across the UK.
This is a specialist property and construction consultancy, providing expertise in architecture, surveying, building services engineering and strategic development across a wide range of projects. They work with both public and private sector clients and have a growing client base nationally.
They provide a full range of property and facilities managements services to the public and private sectors. Currently managing over 1500 assets for the City Council with their goal to be the FM provider of choice in South Wales and the West.
Currently looking for an experienced Chartered Surveyor to join their team, where you will be based out of our their Cardiff office.
You will prioritise providing valuable expert advice on all areas of valuation and property management, undertaking specific duties including…
- Valuation and negotiations for acquisitions and disposals
- Reviewing the income producing portfolios to deliver increased revenue
- The general management of a diverse public sector property portfolio
- Taking & granting leases, tenancies, licenses, hiring’s, easements, concessions and other legal or equitable interest
- Verification of rating assessments including appeal work where appropriate
- Deputising for the team as and when required
You will have strong organisational skills as you will be responsible for rent reviews, surrenders, assignments, sub lettings, improvement works, term compensation and dilapidation. We undertake our valuations in line with RICS Red Book Global Standards, as well as asset valuations.
Our ideal candidate
Whilst you will ideally have proven experience within a similar role, they are always keen to develop their employees so would welcome your application if you are keen to progress and grow within the field, and can demonstrate as much of the following…
- Chartered Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within a similar environment
- Knowledge of relevant construction and Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent approach to maintaining a high level of customer services
You will use your initiative and offer a creative approach to problem solving, identifying problems to reach a solution. In the role you be visiting a multitude of offices and sites, so a full UK driving license is a requirement.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside the chance to work for an industry recognised company, a competitive salary and a working environment dedicated to nurturing their staff, they offer a range of further benefits including…
- Salary of £40,786
- 22 Days Holiday, Plus 8 Public Holidays & 2 Concessionary Days
- Company Pension
- Sickness Scheme
- The opportunity to progress within the business
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.