You will be tasked with delivering as part of a highly dynamic design team, taking responsibility for the designs from start to finish of the projects. Establish excellent customer relationships. Manage your time to ensure projects will be delivered efficiently and within budget. Support the other engineers to produce technical solutions and review their work. Produce your work schedules, programmes and provide invoice information.
Experience and skills to be successful in the role:
Technical / practical
1. At least 3 years of UK design experience of working on a wide range of projects including drainage & highway design. 2. Experienced Senior Civil Engineer
3. A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
4. Must be Chartered or Incorporated
5. A minimum of 3 years’ post-graduation experience.
6. Familiar with flood risk assessments, & drainage design
7. Ability to carry out detailed design of SUDS & drainage, earthworks, S106 applications, build over agreements, S278 works,
8. Competence with AutoCAD, Causeway (or similar drainage design software).
9. Competence with use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Google e-mail and calendar; PDF editing software.
Personal skills and style
1. Positive ‘can do’ attitude to your work and the client’s wishes.
2. Good attention to detail and accuracy in preparation of information which is sent out from the office.
3. Efficient time management with good organisational skills, able to deliver to deadlines.
4. Experience of working effectively in a fast-paced professional commercial business environment and understand the need to respond quickly to requests for information.
5. Co-operation and flexibility suited to working as part of an effective team.
6. A flexible approach to developing and contributing to the growth of the business & the team.
7. Influencing ability, exercising tact and discretion, able to persuade others effectively and with confidence in a liaison role with clients, external suppliers and colleagues.
8. Customer care skills, patience and efficiency in dealing with business contacts and customers, by telephone and in person, in a warm and friendly manner, particularly with international contacts whose first language may not be English.
9. Commercial awareness to develop business opportunities from contacts.
10. Interest in learning operational information about company business to increase business, financial and marketing awareness.
11. Be organised and follow the process in place.
12. Excellent communication skills, with precise written English
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.