An opportunity has arisen and Girling Jones are seeking an experienced Commerical Gas Engineer to carry out PPM and Reactive Activities to a variety of commercial premises in Southampton.
Applicants should have Domestic and Commercial Experience and would be an advantage to have any plumbing skills with relevant commercial experience. The applicant would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks, as well as core combustion skills.
This is a hands-on role and would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required, a conscientious and reliable team player and someone that has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to plan and supervise their own workload, liaise with the landlord’s representatives and their clients is also required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience for the Commercial Gas Engineer
- A minimum of: COCN1,
- ICPN1, CIGA1, CDGA1, TPCP1,TCP1A, CCN1, CENWAT and applicable domestic qualifications
- Excellent gas knowledge of current gas regulations.
- Knowledge of a variety of Commercial/Domestic appliances and installations.
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge, both domestic and commercial of most major manufactures i.e. Valliant Powermatic, Riello, Broag, Combat, Ambi-Rad, Ideal, Potterton, Nu Way and Worcester etc.
- Good all-round knowledge of heating systems with controls/BMS knowledge desirable.
- Good plumbing skills
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients’ requirements. Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota. Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude.
- Full UK driving licence
- DBS Check
- £36,000- £40,000
- Company Vehicle
- Overtime x1.5 on weekday and x2 on weekends + day in lieu on bank holidays
- Standby rate is £15 per day and £50 on bank holidays
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata into shifts for shift workers)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays – buy 5 days & sell 2 days
- Life assurance
- Auto-enrolment company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Purchase an electric vehicle via salary sacrifice
- Employee discounts with various brand
- Learning and development programs, training and career opportunities.
If you are interested in the role please click ‘apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.